In 2024, students who have always dreamt of a flourishing academic career abroad will be given a remarkable chance to realize their aspirations through the highly regarded Rhodes Scholarship. This famed program has put in place a total of 103 fully funded postgraduate scholarships at the esteemed University of Oxford, giving hope to students across the globe who need financial assistance. At Oxford, Rhodes scholars can engage in various academic pursuits, including master’s, MPhil, and PhD scholarships, with every expense fully covered. Diverse individuals from all corners of the globe should hurry to avail this remarkable opportunity year to join the esteemed ranks of the Rhodes Program and take the right step towards a brighter future.
In this article, you can find all the details you need to apply for the Rodes Scholarship 2024. Here’s what you need to know:
Details About Rhodes Scholarship 2024 at the University of Oxford
- Host Country: UK
- Host University: Oxford University
- Degree Level: Masters, MPhil, PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: The Rhodes Scholarship has different specific deadlines for every individual country.
What is the Rhodes Scholarship?
The Rhodes distinguished scholarship program carries a profound purpose, aiming to embark upon a comprehensive journey of full-time postgraduate study at the renowned University of Oxford. Aspiring individuals from all over the world are eagerly awaiting the next academic semester, set to commence in October 2024, brimming with anticipation and determination to seize this extraordinary opportunity. The Rhodes Scholarship ensures a smooth academic experience free of financial worries at one of the most well-regarded universities in the world.
No of scholarships
In the upcoming academic term of 2023/24, the prestigious Rhodes Scholarship program will grant an impressive total of 103 fully funded scholarships. This generous number of scholarships will provide deserving individuals with the invaluable opportunity to pursue their academic aspirations without any financial constraints.
Benefits and Financial Coverage
The Rhodes Scholarship provides the following benefits and coverage:
- Oxford University course fees and tuition fee
- A yearly stipend of £18,180 is provided (the number is derived from the preceding year’s amount)
- Living expenses are incurred, and accommodation charges are taken care of
- Fee required for applying to study at the University of Oxford
- Student visa fee is also accounted for by the scholarship
- International Health Surcharge (IHS) shall be taken care of at the National Health Center
- Two tickets for economy class flights shall be provided to facilitate the journey to and from Oxford when the course begins and ends, respectively.
After completion of your course and successfully graduating, students are bestowed with a two-year work option in the country. This post-study work visa allows graduates to work and gain valuable professional experience in the UK. This extended period of stay not only facilitates career advancement but also enables individuals to immerse themselves in the vibrant cultural, social, and professional landscape of the UK, developing deeper connections and building a strong foundation for their future endeavors.
- The scholarship is inclusive of students from all corners of the world, irrespective of their nationality.
- Applicants are required to have a track record that boasts stellar academic achievements.
- It is mandatory for applicants to have acquired a bachelor’s degree by July 2024.
- For a comprehensive understanding of the specific requirements, criteria, and application process, applicants are encouraged to select their country on the official Rhodes Scholarship website. The criteria for eligibility can be different based on the country you’re from.
- Applicants from the countries listed below can avail of the Rhodes scholarship in 2024.
Eligible Countries for Rhodes Scholarship
- EAST AFRICA
This includes Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan, and Burundi
- HONG KONG
- JAMAICA & THE COMMONWEALTH CARIBBEAN
This includes Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, Guyana, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, St. Kitts-Nevis, Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, Anguilla, Cayman Islands, the Turks and Caicos Islands, and the British Virgin Islands.
- NEW ZEALAND
- SAUDI ARABIA
- SOUTHERN AFRICA
This includes South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, and Eswatini.
- SYRIA, JORDAN, LEBANON, AND PALESTINE
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
- UNITED STATES
- WEST AFRICA
This includes Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe, and Togo.
How to Apply for the Rhodes Scholarship 2024?
The Rhodes Scholarship has established a unique application process tailored for each country, and it is imperative for applicants to adhere to these guidelines. To access the specific application details and procedures for your country, please visit the following link: https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/scholarships/applications/