Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 to 8 hours
12 ounces (340g) bone-in chicken
¼ cup turnip, chopped
¼ cup onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, smashed
4 cups water
3 sprigs thyme
2 bay leaves
Salt, to taste
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Put the chicken, turnip, onions, garlic, water, thyme springs, and bay leaves in
a slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper, then give the mixture a good stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours until the chicken is cooked through.
- When ready, remove the bay leaves and shred the chicken with a fork.
- Divide the soup among five bowls and serve.
Total carbs: 3.3g