Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
¼ cup butter
1 head cauliflower, chopped
½ onion, chopped
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Take a large stockpot and place it over medium heat.
- Add butter to this pot and let it melt.
- Add cauliflower and onion to the melted butter and sauté for 10 minutes until
these veggies are soft.
- Add nutmeg and chicken stock to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the stockpot from the heat and then add heavy cream.
- Purée the cooked soup with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Sprinkle this soup with salt and black pepper.
- Garnish with Cheddar cheese and serve warm.
Total carbs: 10.8g