Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 26 minutes
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 white onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
½ Serrano pepper, seeds removed and chopped
1-inch ginger, chopped
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoons curry powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup of water
1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
1 cup chicken broth
1 can unsweetened coconut milk
Cilantro, for garnish
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and add oil to heat.
- Add onions to the hot oil and sauté them for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, Serrano pepper, and ginger, then sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric, curry powder, black pepper, and salt. Cook for 1 minute after a
- Pour water into the pan, then add cauliflower.
- Cover this soup with a lid and cook for 10 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Remove the soup from the heat and allow it to cool at room temperature.
- Transfer this soup to a blender and purée the soup until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and add broth and coconut milk. Cook for 10
minutes more and stir frequently.
- Divide the soup into four bowls and sprinkle the cilantro on top for garnish
Total carbs: 18.3g