Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
10 slices bacon
3 small heads cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
4 cups chicken broth
¼ cup (½ stick) salted butter
3 cloves garlic, pressed
½ large yellow onion, chopped
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt and black pepper, to taste
Freshly chopped chives or green onions, for garnish
- Take a large skillet and place it over medium heat.
- Add bacon to the skillet and cook for about 8 minutes until brown and crispy.
- Transfer the cooked bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb the excess
- Allow the bacon to cool, then chop it. Wrap the plate of chopped bacon in
plastic and refrigerate it.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the food processor and pulse until chopped
- Add chicken broth, butter, garlic, onion, and chopped cauliflower to the slow
- Give all these ingredients a gentle stir, then put on the lid.
- Cook the cauliflower soup for 4 hours on high heat.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, purée the soup with an immersion blender until
- Add chopped bacon, heavy cream, cheese, salt, and black pepper. Mix well and
let the cheese melt in the hot soup.
- Garnish with green onions or chives, then serve warm.
Total carbs: 13.7g